Wednesday, October 15, 2008

General Conference

It's been a while since I have had a chance to sit down and update. A few weeks ago was the Semi-Annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It gives the members of the church the opportunity to listen to our beloved Prophet and other church leaders speak on different topics that they feel inspired to share with the world. There were 2 sessions on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday. I always look forward to Conference, I always feel spiritually renewed after listening to the Prophet and Apostles of the Lord speak words of inspiration. Especially this year, with an election and the worries of the economy I was eager to hear from our religious leaders. I am putting links to a few of my favorite talks.

Saturday AM ~ Neil L. Andersen ~ We may not know it all, but we know enough
~ President Dieter F. Uchtdorf ~ The infinite power of Hope
Saturday PM ~ Jeffrey R. Holland ~ The ministry of Angels
Sunday AM ~ President Henry B. Eyring ~ Unity
~ President Thomas S. Monson ~ Find Joy in the Journey
Sunday PM ~ Russell M. Nelson ~ Marriage

These few talks are just a sample of the conference as a whole. If any of you would like to read or listen to more I promise that you will be uplifted as you do so, just click on the link at the beginning of this post. I have been spiritually fed from this conference and I appreciate the love that my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ have for me and for all of us.

No comments: