Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Busy Family Life


Life is busy, as usual. I was talking with a friend the other day and we both felt like we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off, she has 2 kids in Junior High and 2 in Elementary School. I feel lucky that mine are only in Elementary School, I am busy enough with their schedules as they are now. Ashleigh is taking piano lessons and loves every minute of it, she is doing very well. She is a perfectionist so I have no worries about her passing her songs off each week. Her teacher says she is doing great. She is also going to be starting After-school Sports in a few weeks. She is looking forward to playing soccer at school with her PE teacher being the coach. Jordan starting playing soccer a few weeks ago with a youth league here in Mesa. He loves it so far and his games start this weekend. I am so happy that he is having fun learning to play sports, hopefully he will want to spend more time doing sports than playing video games. A mom can only hope!! :) Jared is a bundle of energy and is just happy if he can go along with anyone. I am looking forward to the weather cooling down so that we can go to the park during the day once in a while. Austin is 3 months old today. He is such a cute baby. He is talking and smiling and laughing now. He tries to sit himself up when he is laying back and he has grown like a weed. At his 2 month check up (he was actually 2 1/2 months old) he weighed 13 lbs. 14 oz. and was 24 1/4 inches long, that was the 90-95% for both measurements. I couldn't believe it. I knew he was growing, but that blew me away, even moreso when my sister-in-law told me that was almost exactly what my nephew was at his 6 month appointment. I refer to Austin as our little Budda Baby. He has all of the same fat rolls as a budda, only they are a lot cuter on Austin.

1 comment:

Kahanu said...

Life does get busy! For some strange reason I thought life would get easier as my kids got older-what was I thinking!