Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our Growing Baby Boy Update

I can't believe that it has been just over 6 months already. The time seems to just fly by. Austin is growing so fast and he is a complete joy to have in our home. He brings laughter and smiles to everyone who sees him. He is now 6 1/2 months old and yesterday he had is well checkup at the doctors office. He is 18 lbs. 14 oz. (50-75th percentile) and he is 27 1/2 inches long (75th %). He is sitting up on his own and has been since before Christmas. He is rolling all over the place. I put him down on the floor to play and he is all the way across the room as soon as I turn my head. He still has no teeth, not that he isn't trying, the poor kid has a river running out of his mouth most days. The doctors said his gums are smooth and there aren't any teeth even close to coming through. He had four shots and I have to brag on him for a moment, he didn't let out a scream until the 3rd shot was in. I also have to give kudos to the nurse, she did a great job. Austin also had a breakthrough a few weeks ago and we are finally doing the baby food thing on a consistent basis. It is great, he loves just about everything that I give him, except for the rice cereal (he can't stand the stuff). We are working on drinking juice and water from a sippy cup and we are hoping that he will start sleeping through the night very soon.

Chillin out in the cabin while the rest play in the snow


Hangin out with cousin Josh

3 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

I just want to squeeze his cheeks--they are soooo yummy!

Kahanu said...

He is just so cute!

NateandMarie said...

So cute- I love his cheeks